Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A Sweet Treat

As Valentine's Day quickly approaches, I'm growing weaker and weaker. The lure of Chocolate is almost more than I can take. What is a girl to do? I decided to take matters into my own hands.

Today I made some yummy Oreo Cookie Balls dipped in chocolate. Yes, you read correctly. Oreo's dipped in chocolate. The world is a wonderful place after all....so, here is the break down.

First start with a package of Oreo's. Place them into a plastic zip lock bag. Then smash them. I used a rolling pin. (this is also a great job for your kids to help with)


Once they are smashed, add 8oz of softened cream cheese and mix it well into the oreo's until a firm dough forms. Then roll the dough into "Ping pong" size balls.






Then it's time to melt some chocolate. I use "Almond Bark" when I am dipping things. I think it melts much better than chocolate chips. Melt the chocolate according to the directions and dip each ball into the chocolate. I used white and regular chocolate. Once you have dipped each ball, place them on a non-stick surface to dry.




Once they have cooled and the chocolate has hardened, you can place them into baggies, or onto a plate or into your mouth which is where several landed before I was even done with this post. They are way yummy and so easy to make. ENJOY!!!




Thanks for stopping by,

Kris

Recipe

1 lb chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
1 lb. Vanilla flavored candy coating, melted.

In a large mixing bowl, combine crushed cookies and cream cheese to form a stiff dough. Roll into balls and dip with a fork in melted candy coating. Let rest on waxed paper until set.

Makes approx 36 balls

1 comment: