Friday, February 22, 2013

Desks, Desks and more Desks

After looking through pictures of my recent finished projects, I've realized that I seem to be drawn to desks. Apparently I must really like desks because I sure have painted a lot of them over the last few months.

This fun & funky mid-century desk, I painted in this great "avocado green" certainly a throw back color but I think it fit this little desk perfectly.

 
This cute little desk got a coat of creamy white and some distressing to bring out her simple little charm.
 

Ooh La la I just love me some French Furniture! This piece was in rough shape when I got it, but a little TLC and some "French Gray" paint and she found a great new use as a make-up vanity in my clients home.

I even managed to get my hands on this old sewing desk....she was painted in a creamy white and distressed for that "shabby" look at was purchased by a client for her daughters first sewing machine. I love hearing what my pieces of furniture are going to be used for. It makes me happy!



This vintage children's desk was not much to look at when I found it. The top was pretty much ruined, but with a little creativity, I was able to turn the top into a chalkboard and painted the bottom a great "barn red" color and this little desk was given a new life. My client purchased this for her son who has "special needs" and she has already called me and told me how much he loves writing and practicing his numbers on this piece! :-)


 
Finally, this little secretary was painted Gold when I found it. with a little elbow grease and some new glass knobs, she cleaned up pretty well.
 
 
There is something so sweet and charming about a desk. They make me smile and I love giving pieces that people throw away or donate a new chance at life! I LOVE what I DO!!
 
Happy painting!
 
Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment