Sunday, June 13, 2010

Balloon Wreath

I don't know about your house, but at my house birthdays are a HUGE deal. We celebrate from the minute we wake up to the minute we go to bed. It starts with a yummy breakfast favorite of chocolate chip pancakes with whipped cream, sprinkles and a cherry on top. Served on the "special plate" and then I take the birthday kid out for lunch at their favorite place and for dinner that night, they get to pick what I make.

I'm not exactly sure how this tradition got started, but I am always trying to come up with new ways to make each birthday fun. I obviously LOVE to decorate and so when I stumbled onto a really fun website with all kinds of birthday ideas, I was immediately inspired to put all the extra balloons laying around the house to use.
>
I created this birthday wreath. Isn't it too cute? I had seen something similar on a few different websites and magazines, but wasn't thrilled with their final product. So, after several attempts...this is what I came up with. Below are the steps to put together your own birthday wreath.


First...find one of these
FloraCraft Straw Wreath 12" Clear Wrap Product Detail
I found mine at Goodwill on dollar day, but you can also find them at Michael's, Joann's and Hobby Lobby. But I can almost guarantee that you will find one at the thrift store.

Second...Get some floral pins at the craft store. Actually I think even Wal-mart carries them. Depending on the size of the wreath you are making, you will need approx #150 pins.

Third...balloons, you needs lots and lots of balloons. I used three bags of #72 (I think) not totally sure of the exact amount, but it seemed like a million, you will want to use the 12" balloons. I got mine at Party City, but Wal-Mart has balloons as well.



Fourth....Start sticking the balloons on the wreath. You will want to put the pin around the balloon, NOT thru it. Just keep going around the wreath until you are happy with the way it looks. Have fun, be creative...you CANT mess this up. Once you are happy with the way it looks, wrap a piece of ribbon around the top and tie a bow and you now have a wonderful new addition to your birthday parties.


Thanks for stopping by,
Happy Birthday

Kris

1 comment: