Wednesday, June 9, 2010

New Blog Name and Table Re-do

OK, well you might have noticed that I have changed the name of my blog. Apparently there is another "Kris's Korner" out in blogland and it was becoming a bit confusing, so...WELCOME to "Urban Barnyard", my little farm in the city. Isn't it cute?? I thought so, my little Bro Andrew actually came up with it...Thanks Googie. So, it should be easier to become a follower if you ha vent already.

OK, enough of the boring stuff, lets get on with the fun things....my new love (sorry honey..)

I must say that I have been a little busy and haven't had as much time to work on my furniture re-do's that I LOVE so much. Scott has cut me off from buying anything new until I get some projects finished.

I am happy to report that over the weekend, I finished several and actually SOLD a few pieces on Craig's List. SCORE, more $ to buy treasures and now more room to store them...YEAH!!!

OK, this table is causing me MAJOR stress. I loved it when I found it at Goodwill. I bought it at 50% off, so it cost me $30. WAY MORE than I would usually pay, but I loved how cute and round it was. (hee hee) Of course like every other thing I buy, I had BIG plans for it and my trusty can of spray paint. But...there is something about this table that I just cant leave alone. Hmmm.....
While I try and figure it out, I'll show you pics of what I've done to it so far.


Of course, I sanded it, tightened all the loose bolts and then....you guessed it, painted it with semi-gloss black. Then I sanded it again, painted it AGAIN....and sprayed a coat of sealer on it.
I had thought I would be done with it, and post it on Craig's List. Actually I did post it on Craig's List, but I am having this overwhelming desire to do MORE. I feel like something is missing.

Take a look and tell me what you think?? I think I am going to do a little bit more painting and maybe add a decorative touch to the top. Hmmm? (I'm sitting with my finger on my chin, like one of those thinker guys)
Well, for now it sits and waits for inspiration to hit me....hopefully it will be sooner than later.
Hope you have a great day and thanks for stopping by,

Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment